Voase Builders is committed to minimising its environmental impact and recognises its responsibility to manage the impact of the Company’s activities on the environment.
Reducing our carbon impact, minimising waste and diverting waste from landfill are our principal environmental issues. We monitor our impacts, produce WRAP reports, ensure compliance with all current Environmental Legislation and Regulations and undertake to:
- Assess and minimise any negative environmental impacts, and maximise any positive impacts, of its operations.
- Endeavour to reduce the effects of noise, dust, disturbance and inconvenience on sites – keep sites clean and tidy to avoid pollution.
- Make effective use of energy and water resources, and reduce its carbon footprint.
- Make efficient use of natural resources and promote the use of sustainable materials, especially timber, through the adoption of its responsible sourcing.
- Reduce waste production, and divert waste away from landfill by promoting recycling, and the use of recycled and recyclable materials.
- Raise awareness of environmental issues through training and development of all employees.
- Actively engage with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers to reduce the environmental impact of projects, increase knowledge and improve environmental performance.
- Where appropriate, consult with the local community on environmental issues.